I ignore because I get too many emails to reply to all of them and I don’t completely trust recruiters to honor my requests to be left alone.
In my experience recruiters are very rude:
- They don’t take the time to look into my background.
- They contact me regarding positions that are unrelated to my skill set.
- They contact me via a private work email address. Seriously?
- They call me out of the blue during business hours.
- They push their own agenda and don’t listen to me.
- They don’t seek to form a relationship, something which would obviously be mutually beneficial.
- They solicit referrals, which is simply rude.
- Why would I pursue a position that you “hand picked” for me when you will gladly take anyone else I can steer your way?
- Why would I risk my reputation for a referral fee of an iPad or a few thousand dollars? You should know that the candidate you are targeting is in an income bracket that is not excited by such things.
I take my career very seriously, if I don’t get the impression that you do as well then I want nothing to do with you.
I don’t mean to criticize you personally <redacted>. I don’t know you, it’s not fair of me to assume that you are just like all the other recruiters I have encountered. I don’t know how to recruit, I don’t know what tactics work, but I do know what turns me off as a candidate. I am sharing my experiences with you because you seem to be looking for some insight into my actions. I hope that you find this helpful in some way.
Have a nice day,